Do I need to include the scholarship in the income statement?

Do I need to include the scholarship in the income statement? Not all scholarships need to be announced before the tax agencyBut in some cases we will be forced. The key is the amount and type of scholarship we receive.

>> See Basic Finance Course.

In which case you do not have to declare a scholarship?

Any subsidy or assistance received by people who do not conduct economic activities is considered capital gain, so it must be declared before the Treasury. Scholarships will not be an exception As a general rule.

However, scholarships are usually given to people who have financial problems, so in some cases there are separate treatments and so are exempt from taxes. In other words, scholarships do not always have to be included in the income statement.

Is a clear case Scholarships, which have special tax arrangements. Of course, only those that meet a series of requirements. To get started, they need to have a scholarship awarded by a public organization or non-profit foundation. In other words, the study aid that the company where you work grants your child.

In addition, they must be granted purpose Take controlled studies, Whether in Spain or abroad. This means that the title must be approved. This is followed by the mandatory advice V1361-11 of the General Directorate of Taxes.

Finally, the awarding of scholarships must be in line with the principles of eligibility and eligibility, generality and non-discrimination in terms of access, as prescribed by mandatory advice V2607-16.

It excludes scholarships from the administration or public entity intended only for their employees, spouses or children.
To ensure that they are tax-exempt, it is necessary to consult them in the aid agreement. If you do not have access to your documents, the tax agency has launched a free service that lets you find out if you have to pay tax on the scholarship you receive. All you have to do is call 901 33 55 33 or 91 554 87 70.

>> Recommended: IRPF course (personal income tax).

Limit amount: If you exceed them, you will have to pay tax on the scholarship

In cases where we have commented above that there is a limit on the amount that can be deducted from the tax. Amounts exceeding the limit set by the Treasury must be taxed on the income statement.

These tax-exempt limits on scholarships depend on the type of study and where they are taken. In the case of study aid to pay for the second cycle university, the maximum income in 2021 will be 6,000 euros per year. In Spain, on the other hand, for a scholarship for the cost of transportation and accommodation for a third-cycle study, it is 18,000 euros. . When taken abroad, the amount increases to 21,000 euros.

Scholarships up to 21,000 euros for doctoral studies are exempt from paying personal income tax if they are completed in Spain and 24,600 euros if they are abroad.

And the rest of the scholarship money? The amount exceeded this limit must include rent. In particular, they will be added to the earnings from work, just as will be the salary.

In which personal income tax box do you need to check the scholarship?

If the scholarship is waived and does not exceed the established limit, you do not have to put it in any category.
If you do, it will go to box 3, which is then added to the work income.

In which case should I file a declaration?

Those who have received a scholarship that did not meet the conditions described above will have to pay tax on that amount and probably submit an income tax return.

In this case, if you received only that scholarship, you would not have to pay personal income tax if the scholarship amount is less than 22,000 euros. Those amounts change if you work.

The income limit for people with two pairs (for example Scholarship Plus Work) has been reduced to 14,000 euros until you receive more than 1,500 euros from the second or subsequent pair. In other words, if you get less than 1,500 euros for a job or a scholarship, the limit will return to 22,000 euros.

It is appropriate, therefore, Be sure to submit a return, Since, if not, the fines that the Treasury will impose on us will be too high. Even if you are not obliged to pay taxes, reference numbers and requests are advised Consult the IRPF draft to see what the revenue results will be. And that it could go back.

Yes really If you are under the age of 25, live with your parents and earn less than 8,000 euros, never rent without consulting them.. The reason is that if you submit your personal income tax return to get 100 euros back, your parents will not be able to include you in their return and they will lose the possibility of deducting their 2,400 euros. If you do the math, I’m sure the second option would be more successful as a family.

>> See Fiscal and Labor Management courses.

Leave a Comment