Colombia’s Ministry of Information Technology and Communications has announced that registration is open from April 5 for those interested in receiving scholarships at recognized international universities.
Currently, there is a strong labor demand for new technology-related professionals, for which the government has directed 24,000 million pesos to invest in education for Colombians interested in pursuing relevant postgraduate degrees.
Among the postgraduate degrees, here are some of the ones they focus on:
- Cyber Security.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Smart city.
- Machine learning.
- Internet of Things (IoT).
- Cloud computing.
- Stimulated reality.
- 3D and 4D printing.
- Quantum computing.
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
- Information science
- Regulatory framework for information and communication technology
- Its development Software And computer applications, among others.
Those interested must enter the official page of Icetex and create a user to continue the process. Besides, It should be noted that since the scholarships are for foreign countries, the price must be a maximum of 78 78,000.
It should also be noted that they are universities that are in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai Ranking) or CWTS Leiden 2021 classification.
To sign up:
- Read the call terms and operating rules published at www.icetex.gov.co.
- Admitted to university diploma course.
- Pay for the CIFIN study.
- Fill out the credit application form at www.icetex.gov.co and upload the support.
- Once this is done, you should pay attention to the results of your call.
Registration deadline is May 25. On the other hand, MinTic has indicated that up to 90% of the cost of master’s tuition will be financed.
What requirements must be met?
- Become a Colombian citizen.
- There is a bachelor’s degree and a degree.
- CIFIN will be accepted in the Credit History Study, no more than 90 days for the applicant and his / her joint and multiple debtors at the time of registration. No financial risk center can be reported with a negative rating.
- You have your own email account.
- Register in the way indicated in the call.
- The applicant must have proof of confirmed admission whose issue date is not more than 180 days unconditionally.
Postgraduate Scholarship in Spain
Until Thursday, April 7, the call is open for Colombian professionals to apply for the Masters Scholarship offered by the University of Salamanca in Spain via Isatex.
The purpose of this program is to study Will be held between September 2022 and July 2023To provide Colombian citizens with the opportunity to pursue their Masters studies in various fields offered by the University.
These scholarships cover 100% tuition Those selected by the institution and for these scholarships, the selected Colombians will be able to conduct their studies individually, mixed or virtually depending on the program chosen.
Due to the fact that the call covers the cost of full registration for those who travel to Spain to study the site, the scholarship offers registration during the program and the provision of medical insurance.
The invitation is addressed to professionals who have careers related to the programs offered by the University of Salamanca or who have professional experience related to the program.
Applicants must be between 20 and 65 years of age, with a minimum graduation grade point average of 3.7 out of 5.0.Preferably one year of professional experience and good physical and mental health after obtaining a degree in the area of the program.